Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Master Cleanser Detox, Diet Review Day 2

It's the second day of the Master Cleanser Detox plan it is also referred to as the lemonade diet. I took senna tea before bed last night. Senna is a herb that is a strong laxative. In the morning I took a mixture of salt and water that helps flush out your colon. The reason is that the salt water mixture is close to the consistency of blood so that it passes though the colon without being absorbed. This really got things moving today.
After one and a half days of not eating it is amazing how much a person can handle. I am realizing the difference between cravings and hunger. In the book "Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days" Peter Glickman says only one person out of twenty is actually hungry everyone else just has cravings. I had a lot of cravings but I did get hungry. I thought I would be hungry all day but it came in waves and I definitely had much more cravings then hunger. I can't believe two days without food. Peter said that people crave what food is in the fat cells that they are burning off. I don't believe that because I had cravings for Taco Bell and I haven't eaten Taco Bell in such a long time. I usually would never crave Taco Bell - it's weird.
I am getting really drained and just want to sleep. Yesterday I went to bed around 9:30 and I usually go to bed around midnight or 1:00am.

Mike

No comments: