Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Atkins Diet Review

I did the Atkins diet for three weeks. It wasn't much of a change from what I would normally eat. The biggest struggle for me was cutting out sugar completely. At the time I was drinking a six pack of Mountain Dew a day. My Triglyceride levels where at about 650 - the doctors said that 250 would have been high, my bloodstream was high fructose corn syrup with some blood in it. I also didn't like the vegetables that I could eat the first week because even though most vegetables have very little carbs the first week is so strict that you can only have very little carbs in the beginning.
I lost 27 lbs. during the three weeks that I was on the Atkins Diet. In the beginning I enjoyed being on a diet and eating all the food I wanted and still lost weight. The craving for caffeine was usually brought on by lack of sleep. I made sure I was well rested and it went great. The first week I lost 14 lbs. then the next week I lost 8 lbs. and the last week I lost and the final week I lost 5 lbs. From other people I have talked to it seems that most people hit a point where it is hard to continue to lose weight with Atkins.
Once I got in to a routine this was an extremely easy diet and a major problem I have with diets is that I am usually always hungary but not with this diet.
Below is the rating I gave for the Atkins Diet.



Best Regards,
Mike

Perfect Circle Remedies
Perfect Circle Community


No comments: